I implemented a demo of a file uploader with dojo and PHP that lets you upload multiple files at once with drag and drop. The upload of each file can be paused/resumed thanks to the slice method of the new Blob interface.
- drag and drop your files directly from the desktop
- overall progress bar showing the total progress of all individual uploads
- pause/resume your upload
- display different icons for each file’s mime type
- unique icons are created for images (jpg, gif, png) using canvas and the new File API
- abort your upload at any time or retry to upload after an error
- displays nice HTTP error messages for each upload
- status of bars (uploading, failed, waiting and done) are displayed in different colors
- at least Firefox 3.6 or Chrome 7. pause/resume is supported only by Firefox 4.